Darfur Satire Shorts Darfur Satire Shorts

Lacks originality

Hi there, awesome stuff you made, I always sum stuff up, so lets do it!

Pros:
+ Very funny
+ Great voices
+ The transformer part was cool

Cons:
- Lacks originality
- Animation was very basic, just because South Park does it isn't an excuse

Overall:
Cool stuff you made, sadly you definately lack some originality, but it's cool!

||Review Request Club||

Chakra-X responds:

Thanks for the review!

Yes, I do recognize that I "rode the coattails" of popular shows, but I wasn't really aiming for originality, but creativity.

However, if I am trying to parody South Park as close as possible, wouldn't it make sense to try to get the animation as close as possible, regardless of the quality of the original?

Sand Sand

Short but has potential

Hi there, congrats on not getting a blam on your first flash. But as you might have noticed (because of the low score) it isn't perfect. Let's sum things up:

Pros:
+ Originality, I think it's a first time animation featuring stuff being drawn in the sand

Cons:
- Short
- Try making the hit area of the button a rectangle instead of just the text
- Try adding sound fx

Overall:
This isn't a bad flash as first flash, yet it needs improvement. Try adding sound fx and make it longer

BlueHippo's a BBS mod! :0 BlueHippo's a BBS mod! :0

Funny, but needs improvement

Hi there, Bahamut, again you made a flash that's fine on the story, sadly you'll also need to improve on some stuff. Let's sum things up:

Pros:
+ Story was decent
+ Blue hippo was very well drawn, did you make it, yes? Put that much effort in the other stuff

Cons:
- Art was fairly simple, except BlueHippo
- The talking of Bahamut was simple, as I advised you previously, remove the clock thing and try talking by squashing and stretching.

Overall:
Again you made a nice flash, yet the talking of Bahamut needs to be improved

Murray responds:

Squashing and stretching, eh? That's an interesting idea, but by removing the arrow, my friend would be extremely disappointed, so I can't get rid of the arrow for Bahamut. The other characters, however, I could have a go at stretching and squashing and see how it goes.

Thanks for the review LilFugitive. :)

TwoThree TwoThree

Edutainment rocks!

Hi there, as usual you made an awesome game! This is what I thought of it: ^_^

Pros:
+ The game was simple, yet it worked fine
+ Music was nice

Cons:
- The game gets much too hard, give the player bigger numbers orso (I lost at lvl 18)
- When you incorectly shoot (or should I say solve) a number the blocks are to big, after a while it's impossible to survive and it just keeps getting worse

Last thoughts:
I really like Edutainment, it's fun and fast, keep making such cool games!

Pogger Pogger

Ok for your first game

This game looks very good for your first time... However as you noticed (seen the low score) this still could get some improvement. But I'll sum everything up:

Pros:
+ A Preloader
+ Music
+ Originality (cool combination)
+ Several levels

Cons:
- The music stopped if you restarted the level. Try putting the play code in the frame of the game and not in the starting screen, so when it restarts the song will repeat.
-The levels were quite hard, thus not motivating to play on
- When you died you needed to play all over (including the levels you already played). Try checking AS:Main about saving

Overall:
This is a very nice game as a first game, however this needs some mayor improvement. Try making a newer version and use some of the tips I (and others) provided you.

||Review Request Club||

Alien Hominid Alien Hominid

Awesome, this is truely legendary!

Very well done, I haven't experienced any bugs so far, I think it would be nice to have a boss health bar just to see if you're hitting him correctly.

The seconds boss is quite tough, also the music was suitable for the game.

AWESOME

Home* Home*

Awesome intro!

This song definately starts with an awesome intro, what suprises me is that the intro isn't your style, so it really seemed fresh and new, because sadly a lot of your songs sound similar, luckily this one didn't'.

This song sounded very pop-ish, it sounded really good! Love the effect that came in at 1:50

I do think you should use the intro melody more often through the song.

Play* Play*

Cool stuff, yet it doesn't mix

Finally a comeback, and a good one!

This sounds more sophisticated and it's awesome. The beginning is awesome and the more lounge stuff also. Sadly I think that it doesn't mix. You should try developing both songs seperately. I don't like the fire effect, sorry.

It took me a while to realize that after the gunshot the drummer got shot down and the beat dissappeared. I found that great and really funny :D!

Keep up the good work, and why the low score.... Let's change that!
3.63 / 5.00 (+ 0.45)

Extravaganza Extravaganza

Awesome

Hi dude, this stuff is really amazing. I love how good the guitar is. You got this ol-school vibe, what I really love!

Only thing that bothered me was the beat, at some moments it was too simple. But the great guitar compensates it ;)

Btw, congrats on first of jazz!